- ―Dr. Williamson (from Alien Resurrection)
Doctor Carlyn Williamson was an anesthesiologist and part of the seven-man scientific team aboard the United Systems Military vessel USM Auriga that successfully cloned Ellen Ripley in order to recreate the Xenomorph XX121 species.
Williamson was one of the few people who managed to escape the Auriga aboard an escape pod during the initial stages of the Xenomorph outbreak.
Studying Ripley 8
Studying the Xenomorphs
When the Betty arrived, Williamson observed as Larry Purvis and the other kidnapped civilians were implanted with Chestbursters; she found the experience distressing, and was physically sick after witnessing the event. Nevertheless, she continued to study the creatures after birth, observing the post-birth development of the infant Chestbursters and contributing to the first detailed scientific notes on this period of the Xenomorph's life cycle.
Williamson was present with Dr. Gediman in the observation pods when the Cloned Xenomorphs escaped from captivity. A horrified Gediman cautiously entered the chamber to investigate, and as he looked into the hole created by the acidic blood spilt on the cage floors, a Xenomorph seized him and pulled him into the floor while Williamson watched in terror. Following this, she fled the control center and was one of the few people who managed to successfully evacuate the Auriga aboard an escape pod.
Fate in the Novel
While Williamson escapes the Auriga in the film (she is visible very briefly aboard the first escape pod before it launches), in the novelization, the survivors find Williamson dead alongside several other scientists in a small Hive built by the Xenomorphs in a laboratory adjacent to the one where Ripley 8 was incubated, their chests torn open by Chestbursters.
- Williamson is sometimes confused with another unnamed USM scientist. However, upon closer inspection, the two people are clearly played by different (although admittedly very similar) actresses; Williamson is visibly younger, and has greying hair unlike the unnamed scientist.
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 145 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Joss Whedon (writer), Jean-Pierre Jeunet (director). Alien Resurrection (1997), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 9 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 9 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 23 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ Joss Whedon (writer), Jean-Pierre Jeunet (director). Alien Resurrection Special Edition (2003), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 78 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 20 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 148 (1997), Warner Aspect.