Calpamos possesses rings, much like the planet Saturn; these rings are thought to be the remains of a disintegrated moon that was broken apart by the gravitational shift induced when Acheron (LV-426) was captured by Calpamos' orbit, some 40 million years ago. The planet's coloration has a somewhat mixed, in some parts is light brown and in others a darker brown. Its most notable feature is its three small moons, including Acheron, where a derelict Engineer ship was located, and LV-223.
Not much is known about the materials or gases that make up the atmosphere of Calpamos (but is believed to have similar types of materials to the planet Jupiter).
- In Jon Spaihts' original script for Prometheus, titled Alien: Engineers, Calpamos is named "Epsilon".
- The exact origin of the name "Calpamos" is unknown and was likely fan-made. However, as it is used in the Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition and Prometheus: Fire and Stone, it is considered canon.
- Alien/novel/comic (First Appearance)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game)
- Prometheus: Fire and Stone