Lydecker worked as assistant to Hadley's Hope administrator Al Simpson in the main operations center at the colony. He often had to chase children from the operations level, an area from which they were officially barred.
When prospectors Russ and Anne Jorden called in to clarify whether anything they found whilst investigating coordinates passed on to them from Weyland-Yutani would be their's to salvage, Lydecker raised the issue with his boss Simpson. Simpson merely asserted that in his personal opinion the Jorden's could lay claim to anything they found. Lydecker later perished during the Xenomorph infestation that overran the colony.
- Lydecker was cut from the theatrical release of Aliens when the studio complained that the film was too long. The scene featuring him was later reinstated for the extended Special Edition.
- In James Cameron's original treatment for Aliens, the name Lydecker is actually assigned to one of the Colonial Marines, a female Corporal who acts as the unit's medical technician (a role filled by Corporal Dietrich in the final film).
- The scene featuring Simpson and Lydecker is almost identical to a scene in James Cameron's later film Terminator 2: Judgement Day: an employee flags down a supervisor in a busy office and they walk together, discussing the behavior of their employer — Weyland-Yutani in Aliens, CyberDyne Systems in Terminator 2 — before the more senior man ends their conversation with a line about their employer always responding to sensitive questions with the phrase "don't ask".
- The headset Lydecker is briefly seen wearing appears to be an unmodified Beyerdynamic Headmicrophone HM 560 (with M560), which is better known as the base of the Head Mounted Sights used in the film.
- ↑ James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens Special Edition (1992), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ Aliens: Newt's Tale, Issue 1
- ↑ Christopher Golden. Alien: River of Pain, p. 147 (2014), Titan Books.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster. Aliens, p. 43 (1986), Warner Books.
- ↑ "Alien II" initial treatment by James Cameron