Brad Lydecker was a Weyland-Yutani Corporation employee and assistant operations manager at the Hadley's Hope colony on Acheron. He was caught up in the Xenomorph infestation that overran the colony in 2179.
Lydecker fell victim to the Xenomorphs when they finally overran the colony, either perishing outright or being captured and taken to the Hive for impregnation.
On the colony
Lydecker worked as assistant to Hadley's Hope administrator Al Simpson in the main operations center at the colony. He often had to chase children from the operations level, an area from which they were officially barred.
When prospectors Russ and Anne Jorden called in to clarify whether anything they found whilst investigating coordinates passed on to them from Weyland-Yutani would be theirs to salvage, Lydecker raised the issue with his boss Simpson. Simpson merely asserted that in his personal opinion the Jorden's could lay claim to anything they found. Unfortunately, the Jordens located the derelict and its cargo of Xenomorph Eggs, and Lydecker perished during the Xenomorph infestation this unleashed on the colony.
- Lydecker was cut from the theatrical release of Aliens when the studio complained that the film was too long. The scene featuring him was later reinstated for the extended Special Edition.
- In James Cameron's original treatment for Aliens, the name Lydecker is actually assigned to one of the Colonial Marines, a female Corporal who acts as the unit's medical technician (a role filled by Corporal Dietrich in the final film).
- The scene featuring Simpson and Lydecker is almost identical to a scene in James Cameron's later film Terminator 2: Judgement Day: an employee flags down a supervisor in a busy office and they walk together, discussing the behavior of their employer — Weyland-Yutani in Aliens, CyberDyne Systems in Terminator 2 — before the more senior man ends their conversation with a line about their employer always responding to sensitive questions with the phrase "don't ask".
- The headset Lydecker is briefly seen wearing appears to be an unmodified Beyerdynamic Headmicrophone HM 560 (with M560), which is better known as the base of the Head Mounted Sights used in the film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Christopher Golden. Alien: River of Pain, p. 147 (2014), Titan Books.
- ↑ Lydecker's actor (Bill Armstrong) listed himself as being 5ft 10 (177.8 cm) in Spotlight, so that is also how tall Lydecker would have been.
- ↑ James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens Special Edition (1991), 20th Century Fox [LaserDisc].
- ↑ Christopher Golden. Alien: River of Pain, p. 289 (2014), Titan Books.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster. Aliens, p. 43 (1986), Warner Books.
- ↑ Alien II original treatment by James Cameron