Alien vs. Predator is a beat 'em up by Capcom released on the CPS-2 arcade hardware in 1994. The default cabinet for the game allowed for up to three players to play simultaneously, although some smaller cabinets only allowing two-player play were used.
This game has never been "officially" ported to any home consoles or any other systems as of today, by Capcom nor Fox, and it remains exclusively an Arcade game in genuine form. A port for the Sega 32X was announced for a 1995 release, but it was never published.
San Drad, California has been overrun by Xenomorphs. Two soldiers were caught in the town during the initial alien outbreak and were abandoned by the rest of their team as well as their superiors, and are cornered by a swarm of xenomorph Warriors. Before they can be killed, two Predators appear and destroy the xenomorphs, saving the soldiers (who are assumed to be humans but are later revealed to be cyborgs judging by their Character's Profile during the game's attract mode). The Predators offer an alliance with the cybernetic humans, in order to stop the Xenomorph infestation. Eventually, it is discovered that the Alien presence on Earth (and the subsequent swarm that overran San Drad) was the result of an experiment headed by an USCM general known as Bush in conjunction with the Weyland-Yutani corporation.
In the end, the Alien hive on Earth is destroyed by a military ship set on a course that causes it to crash into San Drad, destroying the Alien threat along with a good portion of the western US, if the explosion in the ending credits is to scale. The story ends with the veteran Predator (Predator Warrior) breaking off his wrist blade and giving the piece to Linn and Dutch. When asked why the Predators helped, they jokingly light their Plasma Cannon sights at them with the leader saying, "They'll know." before departing into space, indicating their hunting season is over... for now.
- Linn Kurosawa: A cyborg, leader of the 13th USCM Corps. Equipped with a pistol and a katana.
- Maj. Dutch Schaefer (AvP Arcade): A cyborg whose arm is missing. The arm was replaced with a smartgun rig. He is presumably a clone to the original Major Schaefer.
- Predator Warrior: A Blooded Predator.
- Predator Hunter: A Youngblood Predator.
- Alien Queen: The main antagonist. She allowed the Aliens to grow on Earth.
- General Bush: A Colonial Marine general working for the Weyland-Yutani corporation. He has the ambition to control the Xenomorph race so he can turn them into bio-weapons.
- Kevin: A Colonial Marine, Dutch's friend. Mortally wounded by the Razor Claws Xenomorph.
- Alien Razor Claws: An Alien that has been mutated due to genetic malfunction.
- Alien Chrysalis: An Alien with an extremely hard exoskeleton.
- Mad Predator: A Predator infected by a Facehugger.
- Alien vs Predator, alongside the 1990 Aliens arcade game has retained its popularity until now due in part to its stages and characters being converted and used for the fighting game maker program M.U.G.E.N.
- This is the first video game to ever combine elements from two separate, non-related film franchises into a single game.
- Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa made a cameo appearance in the background of Ken's stage in the video game Street Fighter Alpha 2.
- The game enables skilled players to combo attack enemies.