|"AVAILABLE DATA INSUFFICIENT"
Specific Expansion Needed: Plot section required
|Alien: Covenant - Origins|
|Author(s)||Alan Dean Foster|
|Release date(s)||September 26, 2017|
|Preceded by||Aliens: Bug Hunt|
Alien: Covenant - Origins is a 2017 novel written by Alan Dean Foster and published by Titan Books. It is a prequel to the film Alien: Covenant, dealing with a conspiracy to sabotage the USCSS Covenant's colonization mission before it departs Earth.
As well as the standard print edition, the novel was released simultaneously in audiobook format, read by Tom Taylorson and published by Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Foster also wrote the novelization of the film.
The Covenant mission is the most ambitious endeavor in the history of Weyland-Yutani. A ship bound for Origae-6, carrying two thousand colonists beyond the limits of known space, this is make-or-break investment for the corporation — and for the future of all mankind.
Yet there are those who would die to stop the mission. As the colony ship hovers in Earth orbit, several violent events reveal a deadly conspiracy to sabotage the launch. While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels complete their preparations, security chief Daniel Lopé recruits the final key member of his team. Together they seek to stop the perpetrators before the ship and its passengers can be destroyed.
An original novel by the acclaimed ALAN DEAN FOSTER, author of the groundbreaking Alien novelization, Origins is the official chronicle of the events that led up to Alien: Covenant. It also reveals the world the colonists left behind.
During the build-up to the novel's release, Foster stated that the book would contain "some unique original material... An unusual approach that's never been tried before in a novelization".
- Alien: Covenant - Origins will be the fifth novel Alan Dean Foster has written for the Alien franchise, and the first original story — all of his previous efforts had been film novelizations.
- When first announced, it was erroneously reported that the book would be an "official sequel" to the film. Foster later clarified that it was in fact a prequel, taking place before the movie.
- It's revealed that the Weyland-Yutani Corporation is the continuation of the Yutani Corporation after Hideo Yutani bought it over after the death of Peter Weyland, they only kept the name "Weyland" for marketing reasons.
- Alien: Covenant — The 2017 film.
- Alien: Covenant (novel) — The novelization of the film, also by Alan Dean Foster.
- ↑ "AVPGalaxy - Alan Dean Foster to Pen Alien: Covenant Novelization!". Retrieved on 2016-09-29.
- ↑ "Titan Books - Rights Guide, Fiction". Retrieved on 2016-10-31.