- "Yoo-hoo! Hey, fuckface!"
- ―Jude (from Alien3)
Alan Jude was an inmate at the Fiorina "Fury" 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, one of several who stayed behind after the facility was officially closed down by Weyland-Yutani. He was involved in battling a lone Xenomorph that was born in the prison in 2179.
Jude was killed acting as bait during a desperate attempt to lure the Xenomorph into the lead mold at the foundry alongside the prison.
On Fiorina 161
Jude worked as a janitor on the prison.
The bait and chase
Jude survived the quinitricetyline explosion that killed several other prisoners. He later took part in the bait-and-chase plan to lure the Dragon into the lead mold at the prison's foundry. For self-defense, he armed himself with a pair of scissors.
Jude eventually encountered discovered the creature lurking through a corridor, before shouting at it to get its attention. The Dragon pursued the terrified Jude through several hallways until he managed to reach his assigned door and sealed it. After calming himself down, Alan cautiously looked through the window of the door, only for the Dragon to smash through the glass and attempt to slash him with its claws. However, it was unable to reach him.
With the Xenomorph closing in, Dillon shouted at Jude to not look behind him and to keep running. Just seconds before Alan could reach the relative safety of the piston chamber, the Dragon lunged at him and tore him apart, before dragging his remains back into the corridor as Dillon sealed the door.
Personality and Traits
Jude was known for being physically aggressive. He also seemed to be somewhat unflinching when faced with the Dragon, as shown when he mockingly cursed at the creature when attempting to get its attention, although this was lost when he found himself actually pursued by the creature. Jude also seemed to be somewhat careless as shown by his poor handling of sharp objects, a trait that angered Morse.
- Jude is one of the few inmates on Fiorina 161 who are not British — judging by his accent, he is of Italian descent.
- There is something of a running joke in the film whereby Jude is always the person who has to clean up after the various grisly killings — following Murphy's death in the vent shaft, Jude arrives with his mop and bucket to clean up; later, he is also seen mopping up after Andrews' death in the mess hall. The novelization of the film takes this further, humorously mentioning that Jude is no longer carrying his mop when he is being chased by the Dragon through the foundry corridors.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 134 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Vincent Ward (writer), David Fincher (director). Alien3 (1992), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 136 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Alien3 Collectible CardArt — 68. Jude (1992), Star Pics.